Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013

Dear Family,
This week was great! especially with it being mothers day! It was a slow week however... people are not wanting to meet with us this week so things were slow. But they will hopefully get better! This is week 5 of the transfer so only one more week and transfers happen! I hope Elder Pierre-Louis and I get to stay together!
We had a great zone conference this week. it was sad however because President and sister Black gave their departing testimonies. During zone conference we talked a lot about increasing our faith. That is something that we as missionaries need to do. especially since we will be covering one ward now. It is also something that the members are doing. Trying to have missionary experiences and doing all they can to be examples of the Savior.
I was able to baptize Corry Spencer this week! It was pretty funny because we were wearing the same size jump suit and he is a little more hefty than I am... so he told me only to baptize him once and not mess up... So I let him fall and bringing him up hurt a lot! (I fell off my bike on Wednesday and hurt my shoulder) so it was a great experience! haha. then I got to go back to the San Miguel Ward and see a whole bunch of people that I miss! Its like being back home!!! everyone knows you! ("cheers theme song: sometimes you want to go...") it was so fun to be there and to see so many people that I miss and love! (I'll be back :)
Well those are the exciting things that happened this week! it is 96 degrees at 10:20 this morning so we are excited to be biking!!!
I love you all and hope everyone had a happy mothers day!!!
Love,
Elder John
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory"- 2 Cor 4:17


No comments:

Post a Comment