Monday, December 30, 2013

Transfer 14, Week 2, Lakes Zone, Desert Breeze Ward‏

 This is me next to my 'itsy bitsy teeny tiny Christmas Tree'  that mom sent me :) thanks mom!
 This is my posterity with Santa! My son. my 3 grandsons. and my great-grandson!

Dear Family,
This week was great! We had a baptism for Byron on the 26th! It went well! I think there were only 4 members of the ward there but the rest of the room was filled with family members that came to show support. It was probably the least stressful baptism that I've been a part of. We just interviewed him this past week. We show up to the baptism and do a little message while we are waiting for them to get dressed after the baptism and then it's over!

This week seemed like it would be pretty slow but it turned out to be great! We had a lesson with Savanna, who is set for the 4th! We taught the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. Then we did a review of the Baptismal Interview Questions. The lesson went great! She had some questions about prophets and why they are needed today. It is so great when you explain a principle and then you can tell that they understand now! I really love the line, "A prophet provides and anchor of eternal truth in a world of shifting values". It really just sums up what the role of a prophet is and why we need them today!
Christmas this year was great! We spent some time with our ward mission leader, brother Jolley. Then we skyped our families at the Teshimas home. We opened presents and played some ping pong with some other missionaries. It was a great day!
A Family in the ward, the Reyes', gave us Christmas presents! They gave Elder Till a superman shirt and they gave me a 'Las Vegas' sweatshirt. They are so nice! (The family I mean) :)
We had a lesson with the Worku family. They have not been reading so we read a chapter with her. We are trying to help them understand the importance of the book of mormon and how they can find their answer. I really hope they will start coming to church on a regular basis.
Well thats it for this week! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Love you!
Elder John

"The cause of most of mans unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now" - Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment