Monday, January 27, 2014

Transfer 14, Week 6, Lakes Zone, Desert Breeze Ward

Dear Family,
This is transfer week! I am staying with Elder Till in the Desert Breeze Ward!
This week has been pretty eventful! I was sick from Saturday to Sunday and I still don't feel 100 percent today.
We helped with a move on Saturday night. Well the other members of the Zone helped while I laid down on the couch. After the move I received a priesthood blessing. Its a really different experience to be on the receiving end of a blessing, while being sick. I have not received a blessing like that since I was probably 14. It reminded me of a time when I was really young and we were visiting my grandparents in Idaho. We ate dinner and I apparently liked it too much because I swallowed a huge piece of chicken. Well it got stuck in my throat, just enough for me to continue to breath. It was stuck for a few hours. Finally, my brothers came over and gave me a blessing. Immediately following the blessing the piece of chicken came out of my throat (you can imagine how). Such a great experience! I will never forget that! It will always remind me that Gods power is real!
We were able to set Brian with a date for baptism. We still need to teach him some principles and a few more lessons but we think that he will keep progressing well!
This next week is Stake Conference with Elder Holland! We are so excited! The Stake is going to reserve a few rows of seats for our investigators/recent converts and us. We are so happy we have seats!
Well... Sorry this is so short but I'm not really focusing too well since I still dont feel better... So I love you all!
Love,
Elder John
"We may at times, if we are not careful, try to pray away pain or what seems like an impending tragedy, but which is, in reality, an opportunity" - Neal A. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment