Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Dear Family,
This week was pretty cool! we finally got a new investigator in one of our wards, Elk Ridge. That ward has been really slow with work, but thankfully, michael is in that ward lol.  Michael was doing relaly great this week until saturday night at about 9:30 he texted and said that hehad been drinking and smoking and stuff... and just thinking about all of the bad things in his life.  so I texted and told him to come to church and take the sacrament and look to the Savior. I promised him that the speakers and the lessons would be exactly what he would need and they would solve his concerns, reguarding his self worth and everything.  So he didnt show up and I was getting mad.  Then during the opening prayer he came in and sat by me.  I was so happy I cried through the prayer! He was the first person to bear his testimony and it really brought the spirit. He thanked us for all of the love we show him and for the love that the ward has shown him. Then the ward came through and did their part to keep the spirit going.  Then the lesson in Gospel Principles was on sharing our talents... so we each wentaround and told about a talent we have ( I spoke of my great humility, haha jk).  Then the teacher asked Michael to share his talent of his wonderful singing voice... so michael sand this baptist gospel song and had us all clap along with the beat. it was pretty awesome! and hilarious!
The new investogator we have in Eld Ridge ward referred himself on mormon.org. He is 14 years old and seems pretty mature. He has been going to one of the other buildings with his friends and is wondering what we believe. So we gave him a Restoration pamphlet and a Book of Mormon. He siad he would read the restoration pamphlet and then we gave him Moroni 10 for the Book of Mormon. Seems pretty legit!
So ya this week has been great! this next week is the las week of the transfer so it will be exciting to see if I stay or go! I love these wards and I really dont want to leave... but we will see!!!
I  love you all and for your support!
Love,
Elder John

No comments:

Post a Comment