Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Dear Family
This week went very well. we were able to meet a man who was walking around the stake center during our pday activity and we were able to teach him! He lives in another ward in our stake so we will be doing the transition lesson this week!
We were able to finally get a lesson with Alissa and Alana ths week, other investigators that we havent been able to teach for a long time. The lesson was great! only alayna and zachary, her grandchildren were able to have the lesson this time but in the middle of the lesson alissas boyfriend walked in.  We were teaching the restoraiton and the boyfriend had some great quesitons! he was mainly concerned with the succession of prophets. We told him that it all boils down to Joseph Smith being a prophet. To which he said, "I have no problem with Joseph Smith and him sing God and Jesus Christ. I just have a problem with the people after". We can work with that! we explained how the process works and that it is always by revelation. Hopefully things will work out well this week as we teach the family again.
We had a great lesson with the Hao Kaawaloa family for a fhe on tuesday. they are a part member family with 8 daughters, 3 of which are not members.  We did an object lesson. pour water on a rock and on a sponge. then compare how the two are different. We shared John 4, the woman at the well, and shared how Christ is the living water and how we need to soak him in like the sponge.
We are also working very hard to get Mimi progressing. We prayed and planned for so long to try and see what we should teach her on Wednesday. We decided that we needed to go back to faith again. and this time not just read scriptures and talk about them. this time we needed to have her be an active participant in the lesson and really dig down deep to try and see what her concerns are. The lesson went great and we decided that we are just going to start the lessons over and get her more familiar with Joseph Smith.
Biking is great! I'm pretty sure I've lost some weight from fat and put on some more muscle to my legs!
This week I also got to go the the baptism of Anna in my last area! So fun to see some of the members and to see some missionaries that I got to work with in that zone.  I got to see the Bulmers too!!! great family!
Love you all and thanks for the support!!!
Love,
Elder John

I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do somehting. and becasue I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment